12.4.14

Spooning since....Frame project.


I saw a blog, who saw a blog who got an idea to SPOON!!! and I was inspired.

I wanted to make one for myself. Spooning Since .... I went to a local thrift store & there they were, a pair of spoons with the letter R on the handle. I had to buy them. Then I was thinking oh great, how am I going to find the perfect frame.  Then like fate kicked me in the guts, said here is the perfect frame to go with your perfect spoons, to make an anniversary gift for your awesome friends. The rest was history.

So the person who saw this blog on how to spoon gave me an idea & I saw, I bought, & I did. 



I love me some thrift stores. I think they are the bomb. Where else can you buy silver spoons for $0.29 and an ahh-mazing frame for $2 to make a nifty anniversary gift ?

HOW I  MADE THIS.
  •  Need 2 SPOONS -mine had letter R's on them. Perfect for my friends last name. 
  •  frame or you could use molding or anything you want.
  •  board for the back. You could use the frame, but I find it's not strong enough.
  •  super glue or epoxy glue. Super glue worked fine for me.
  •  decorative paper,  paint, stain or spray paint



Cut a backer board to fit the back of the frames parameter and nail or glue (depending on material you are using). Nailing is ok, ONLY if the frame itself is made of real wood & is in  sturdy condition. Glue if you are using a thin piece of board (I used a underlayment).

4Select your background - paint or decoupage. I chose a simple blue style & decoupaged the wood.

 Dry fit your spoons & then glue the spoon where it touches. I chose super glue.
 

 Choose your lettering. Stencil, free hand or stickers. I chose puffy stickers from Hobby Lobby & used a coupon . I dabbled a couple drops of glue to stick down

Now all you have to do is sit back & wait (see instructions on the glue) &  enjoy your pretty project. Might as well open up a bottle of wine while you are waiting. OR MAKE ANOTHER ONE FOR YOURSELF


******NOTE****** if you want to print your lettering, do so before you decoupage the backer board. This way you know its aligned.

and that's it. TWO pinterest projects completed, filed and done. NEXT!  

BELOW ARE A  FEW SPOONING PROJECTS FROM OTHER FELLOW CRAFTERS.


VERY CUTE & DIFFERENT WAY. theletteredcottage.net










I LOVE ADDING THE NAMES TO THE SPOONS
www.thistlewoodfarms.com






       THIS PROJECT IS SIMPLE YET SUPER CUTE.
           www.culdesaccool.com










Caring is sharing! Feel free to share your spooning projects or ideas.



Danger, spooning may lead to lots of late night projects. Make sure to drink lots of caffeine.









No comments:

Post a Comment