16.4.13

A MEMO WALL & A DESK


Having a memo board would have been an easy solution for the kiddo’s room. However, I couldn’t find anything that would work or matched the décor. I simply decided to buy a white erase board, frame it & with $0.50 sample oops paint, add a different shade of gray to make it pop.

The molding I framed it with, came from Lowes, its called dentil molding. I painted it black &  then added a little bling to the molding & to the thumb tacks. Super glue & shiny round stones. My fingers were very sticky at the end of this project.  



I added a organizer to the side of it. One for homework/to do things & the other one for papers that mom needs to sign. I got this from Target. along with the memo board.
 

I then added 2x2 pictures of her friends, family, color guard …. The wood is so soft it is very easy to pin things to. 

 
A finished product with personal touches.

A close up with the bling & the matching molding on the opposite wall
 
I broke up the pattern mural & the Marilyn mural with a piece of molding & added a little bling.

A STUDIOUS CHILD MUST HAVE A STURDY BIG DESK

 
As I stated before, I have to draw things out for my husband as he has no idea what I am talking about, nor does he see my vision. I wanted to build a simple desk for the kiddo, but at the same time I needed something larger so she can spread out & be comfortable.
I used the dresser for one side - Functional in space & support
 
Simple L shape- printer & copier is on a roll away that goes under the left side of desk 
 A back wall brace is used for support on the left side
I can't miter to save my life, so a square it is. At 2am I tried to screw in a board across the joints & almost lost an eye. The wood screw didn't go in,
& the board flew straight to my forehead. I got new bangs out of it. & a large bump.
Thank goodness for the corner braces & the hubby.  
 
And there you have it!!! A Memo & A Desk.
 
Hope this inspired a new desk for you!

~Mel
The best things in life are free... my free advice, wear goggles, quit being a DIY'er night owl & always pre-drill.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment