11.4.13

...A JEWELRY BOX MUST BE BUILT!


 
The girly side comes out & a jewelry box must be built.
 

So one day the kid who doesn’t wear jewelry; decides she likes jewelry & accessories & scarves & you know all that girly stuff. So we had to build a jewelry box so she can keep all MY jewelry somewhere, but we didn’t want the stuff to get tangled.  So I thought outside the box & went into a big box to find exactly what I needed.  I was able to match her wall & her rug. WOWZERS – the price tag was a little high & I went with it. I later found out that hobby lobby carries the exact same thing & I could have used the 40% coupon.  SADNESS!!!! But, I was able to make something large enough that the kid can put all her ribbons on. 


 

1- Metal grid
Purchased at Lowes,Home depot has the same stuff but not this design
2-  1x2 x 8  white  wood.
1 - box of wood screws


I cut the pieces of wood to size, just straight cuts. I suck at mitering. I then screw in each corner (I place the wood on the metal to make sure  that my edges match up
to the sheet)


Finally I screw in the metal to the top of the wood. I super glued jeweled rhinestones on top of the screws for added embellishment & to match the molding in the room. (link to follow)

TADA!!! A inside out Jewelry box is made
 



THIS IS EASY PEOPLE!!!  It took 15 min. tops. Add S hooks to hold your jewelry, dangle earings can hang from the backs. We used mini clothes pins (painted white) to hold up the ribbons, rings & other misc. items. Hat hangs on corner while the gloves sit on top of the boards. 

 


~Mel

Legal Eagle Stuff:  This project can be done assuming you have some general knowledge of using your drill & your circular saw. Please feel free to go the cheaper route & purchase this at hobby lobby using a coupon. Or you can do what I did and spend a little more money because I didn't shop around.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment