6.7.15

Manic Monday & Hanging Plants!

Hope everyone had an amazing 4th of July! Welcome back to the work week. I am jealous of you guys! Still on light duty & not able to return back to work. So I figured what could I do this manic Monday? Well I am taking my foster pups to get spayed & neutered & while I wait 9 hrs. while they are in recovery & before I am allowed to pick them up,  might as well stay on task & finish my projects.

Next on my agenda. Hanging terrariums. Thought it would be a perfect thing for the office. Now if only I can get an idea on how to do them. I tried once & it didn't go so well. So why not try it a 2nd time around?  


I had purchased the tear drop glass terrariums from whole foods about 2 years ago. I purchased the other ones from Target  dollar bins for $3. These looked a lot easier to add plants, so I figured I should give them a try.
My sad empty glass terrariums.

So where to start? I searched high and low and got a few ideas. 

First terrarium I saw, was actually a how to hang a planter. Though I wasn't looking at doing this in my office area, I do want to make this for another area.
 
 
How to Hang a Planter from a Daily Something.
 

A Daily Something shows you how to make a hanging planter. MUST TRY!!!


A Beautiful Mess shows you how to use plastic fish bowls. I will be officially on the hunt for plastic fish bowls now.
Love the seating area with plants. Perfect lighting. Picture from a Beautiful mess.

Here is a different idea for air plants. Hanging Terrarium sets it up a little differently. I have managed to kill my air plants, however I am willing to give it another shot.
Picture from hanging terrarium


Craft Organics utilizes a light bulb to display their succulents.
Light Bulb reuse from Crafts organic.

If DIY is not your thing, then you can purchase a kit like the one from Abbey McKenna Succulent designs.

Hanging Terrarium Kit by Abbey McKenna designs.

Pictured in Hooks & Lattice garden market are several glass terrariums. This is the look that I love & wanting to achieve. Hopefully my idea can transform to reality.


Now to sit & figure out placement, plant choice & how many terrariums I want to hang. Hopefully I can post pics soon. :) 

HAVE YOU EVER HUNG A PLANT? Would love to see how it turned out. DID YOU DO SUCCULENTS OR AIR PLANTS?



No comments:

Post a Comment